Champion Wall Dog Door by Carlson Pet Pros has dual pane Lexan flaps with weather strips and aluminum trim around the edge to prevent chewing
- Insulated Lexan flap with aluminum edge - indestructible and chew proof
- Closes by gravity and uses quality replaceable seals to hold shut
- Brushed aluminum finish will not peel, rust, crack, or chip
- Comes with twist lock to hold flap in place, and bolt on stainless steel cover
- Industrial strength
- Quiet Operation
- Fits 1 3/4" thick doors
- 3 year warranty
- Carlson doors are built to order and wait times of up to 3 weeks apply. Call to check availability
Carlson's primary business is the manufacture of industrial refrigerator and freezer doors. This dog door uses that same construction; if it keeps the cold in the freezer, it will keep the heat in your house as well. The Champion door uses a dual pane Lexan flap; Lexan is used for race car windows and bullet proof glass. The seals around the flap close it up tight, but the Royal might be a better choice for windy conditions.
The flap on this door is substantial and has some weight to it. When your pet goes through, the flap will be laying on their back. If your dog is timid or you feel like the weight of the flap will be an issue, take a look at the Royal, or perhaps a more traditional vinyl flapped door like the Hale.
This door comes with two locks: there is a twist knob lock for day to day use, and a bolt on stainless steel cover, which is not as easy to use but is extremely tamper resistant.
Available in sizes for medium dog breeds all the way up to the Extra Large which is big enough for a Great Dane. We don't recommend using this door with timid dogs or pets under 15 lbs.