High Tech Power Pet Door is an electronic doggy door that is raccoon proof and weather tight and uses ultrasonic keys to keep strays out
- Automatically opens when pets approach
- Medium 8 1/4 x 10 or Large 12 1/4 x 16 flap sizes
- Runs on 110V house current with optional battery backup and can be run on battery only (purchase battery charger too)
- White frame
- Opens only for ultrasonic collar keys
- Heavy duty aluminum frame
- Fits Doors 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- Energy efficient - no gaps around panel to let air seep in
- 4 way lock can be set for open (for pets with collars), in only, out only, or locked
- Safe for pets and children - door won't close when there is an obstruction in the opening, no pinched tails or fingers
- Raccoon proof
- Comes with 1 rugged waterproof key
- Optional tunnel kit for wall installations up to 8" thick
- 1 year warranty
The High Tech Pet Door flap slides up and down in an enclosed track when your pet gets near. It is completely wind proof and raccoon proof. This unit closes by gravity, and features a safety mechanism that will open the door up again if it senses anything in the doorway, such as a snout or a tail.
This door uses ultrasonic collars. The door comes with the waterproof MS-5 key. Additional keys are available, if you have a Labrador Retriever and a pool, buy accordingly! Collar key batteries require replacing approximately every 3 months. The door has a sensor on the inside and outside. Users can turn the sensors on and off individually. If the outside sensor is turned on, the pets can come in. If the inside sensor is turned on, then can go out. If both are on, they can go in or out. If both are off, the door is locked.
If you have a cat or small dog you might consider the SureFlap Cat Flap and Pet Doors and the Ideal E-cat. For larger dogs the Plexidor Electronic is another option.